Wednesday, January 13, 2010

i will rise (haiti).

I should be asleep. But I can't. Haiti is on my heart. Has been all day. This horrible tradegy brings up questions. It brings brokenness and sadness. And it has brought many tears. The country and people of Haiti are all I can think about. I'll never understand WHY things like this happen, it just doesn't make sense. But, I do know that He IS THERE.

Today has been a day of hearing His voice SO very clearly. Last night, I was crying out to Him, fighting for Him and needing to feel Him fighting for me. The words "I will rise when You call my name" kept entering my head. I didn't know why. They didn't seem to be the words I needed to hear at the time. I went to sleep last night telling God that I needed to hear Him, I needed to see how He is near to me, I needed to experience Him. I woke up this morning and immediately began looking at pictures from the crisis in Haiti. Again, I was broken and tears were burning my eyes. Knowing it may be irrational (since I am in school) I began looking up plane tickets. What would it mean to just go. No questions. Just go. To an area of GREAT need. What would it look like for Christians all over the country to RISE UP, drop everything, and go? There are many more details that I will spare you, but over the course of the day I heard the Lord speaking so clearly. A very affordable plane ticket was found for 10 days that I have off in March. God is asking me to obey Him. To RISE WHEN HE CALLS MY NAME. Although I have no idea the who, what, and where details I KNOW that if I do not go I am being disobedient. I KNOW that He is asking me to trust Him, to step out and watch His hand work. I know that the cost of discipleship demands radical obedience, sacrifice, and love (Luke 14:25-35). I KNOW I am going to Haiti. Want to join me?

2 comments:

  1. YES. where can i find this ticket? i'll start job searching NOW to pay for it. :) i love your obedience. i'm praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete