Friday, January 8, 2010

a mouthful.

There is a lot I want to talk about.
One being the year of 2009.
Two being the year of 2010.
Three being Passion2010 (268generation.com)
And four being the start of semester number 2.

2009. A good year. The best year I've ever had. It's been different. It has over exceeded all expectations and there is NO WAY I could possibly give it justice. I saw the world. I experienced amazing community. From a unique groups of friends in Auburn, to the most beautiful country in the world (New Zealand), around SE Asia (Indonesa, Taiwan, Cambodia, Thailand), to God's chosen Land (Israel), and then to Birmingham, where my journey of "equipping" has begun. I have learned more than I thought possible. About people, cultures, countries, love, obedience, prayer, encouragement, fighting, living simply, being radical, the demands of the gospel, mercy, compassion, injustice, justice, homelessness, trust, missions, contentness, holy anguish, OT, oh the list could go on and on. This has been a year of confidence, a year of calling, a year of trusting, a year of depending, a year of laying down, a year of falling in love with my King. Of knowing that I. Cannot. Do. It. but... He. Can. Like I said, these few words can not come close to what He has done in me this year. But I'll stop here for your sake.

2010. It's hard for me to enter this year thinking that 2010 will not be able to touch 2009. I am in Birmingham. All year. Sitting in a classroom. All year. Feeling somewhat trapped. All year. Pessimistic? Yes. BUT what I do know and am believing is that He can do SO much in me. I am trusting Him for great things. This WILL BE a good year. I will fight for it. I will fight for Him. I have got to trust that my obedience will lead to blessing. I have made a list of goals/resolutions, whatever you want to call them. I am blessed to be a part of such a great community that has helped shape some of my goals for this new year. My church is beginning a journey together that has been named 'the radical experiment' (www.radicalexperiment.org). I will not bore you with an entire list of 2010 goals. But a few things that I want to accomplish this year are...
-praying for the entire world. (operationworld.org)
-reading through the entire Bible (I am embarrassed to say that I have never read the complete Bible. It is time. Way past time).
-sacrifice.
-give/serve in another context.
-invest/build relationships with the international community here.
-serve/love the homeless.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment