Thursday, June 25, 2009

hope, joy, and eternal life.

We've been in Siem Reap for the past few days on vacation. It's been a really great break of watching movies, eating pizza, swimming, laying in the sun, and site seeing. Angkor Wat is located in Siem Reap which is the largest temple in the world. It was built in the 12th century and the architecture is absolutely amazing. Really cool to see it. Today we are heading to Kampong Thom for village ministry. Still not sure what that looks like, but I'm excited.

I've been processing a lot the past couple days. Basically, going into ministry for the last half of outreach I don't want to miss any opportunities. After seeing the slums and being surrounded constantly by poverty and beggars it's hard not to get a frustrated/helpless feeling of what can I do to change thier situation. It is NOT God's purpose to bring us all the way here just to expose us to the poverty and brokeness of the world. He has sent us here because we have a gift to offer that is greater than any physical thing. We can offer these people HOPE for this life and we can give them eternal life. I am reminded that life is temporary and the most important thing is that these people know Jesus as thier Savior. I want these people to live in full hope and joy. We have to offer that to them! That's our purpose in being here. What if I am the only person God sends to share this message with them?

So, I want to step out in complete faith. I am trusting that He will do this. I want to hear His voice. Opportunities are all around me. I want to take these. I'm not here just to be exposed to this life. I'm here for a purpose. I'm here to make an impact in Cambodia. In the Bible, God performed miracles through men just like us. We have the capabilities to perform miracles and that includes physical needs being met too (feeding the 5,000). We need to realize how capable we are.

Time is precious. This life is short and it's a big test of faith. What do we have to lose? I want to be kingdom-minded.

One more thing:
As I've mentioned earlier, I am learning to die daily. As I am laying down my life over and over I am praying that I would see JOY in dying daily. I am learning the truth of that reality.

1 comment:

  1. awesome pt. about the purpose of being in the different countries!! I love that.. you're right- not for our eyes but to show them Him through our hearts. :) love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete