Wednesday, June 3, 2009

peace out bali.

Well, here I am in the Singapore airport with our first outreach location behind me.  Crazy.  Bali was an adventure.  From hospitals to schools, to churches and street kids, to beautiful beaches and parasailing, to tokays and unbearable heat.  I can't believe 16 days have come and gone.  When we first arrived it felt like we would be there forever.  Ministry time in Bali was amazing for the most part but I felt like we never really found a "groove."  Let's just say Bali is on "island time."  A lot of things wouldn't work out or would be cancelled at the last minute.  But we got used to this.  


One thing I'll really miss about Bali is our 2 Indonesian friends, Agunk and Ravon.  I LOVE them.  I wish they would come live in America and be my friend. They work with one of the churches we partnered with during our time.  On our days off they always joined us and showed us all the "best" locations in Bali.  They brought SO much life and laughter to us.  It was sad saying bye to them this morning, knowing I'll probably never see them again.  But, really cool to have friends half way across the world.  Isn't it wonderful how big our family is when we are Christians?  I love it.  


When I try and think where I really am in the world, it blows my mind.  Only God could have brought me here.  I am in ASIA...what?!?!  What is this life that I am living right now?  Our flight from Bali arrived in Singapore this morning and we leave tomorrow morning.  We spent the day touring the city of Singapore.  Really weird to be thrown into such a huge, clean, wealthy city after time in Bali.  Transitions are weird.  Really weird.  As Emrie and I have explored this city together we are both realizing how much we miss home, our families, our friends, and just our stupid material possessions.  We are so excited for what God has for us but we are realizing that traveling is not easy.  I LOVE Emrie and I am SO thankful for her on this journey.  Outreach has definitely been different than what I expected.  I know Taiwan will look very different from Bali.  I am excited to see what God has for us there.  I am excited to move on and spread His love to more of the world.   I am praying for a renewing of minds and spirits.

This is what I am clinging to:

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

2 Corinthians 4:16-18


NEW PICS POSTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment