Thursday, June 11, 2009

this life is HIS...

The past few days have been jam packed.  We start our days early and end late.  BUT, the opportunities to present the gospel have been many.  The other day we went to a school and did an hour long program seven different times.  Today we went to another school and did it 5 times.  Each time we go into the class rooms we are able to "straight up" present the gospel to them.  Very cool.  Although it's very tiring, I feel like we are making an impact in Taiwan and I love it.  I really feel like I am pouring out right now, if that makes any sense.  And as I continue pouring out it is so important to continue to be renewed and filled back up.  That's probably the biggest struggle right now just because we are SO busy.  


I am LOVING the team, like seriously.  We are all getting along so great and having SO much fun together.  We laugh all the time.  Even when we are in the craziest/weirdest situation, we are laughing.  As we do dramas more and more, we are learning how to add our personalities in them and change them up a little each time.  I love it.  Lets just say there are many times when I'm standing in front of a congregation with tears streaming and body shaking because I'm trying with everything in me not to BURST into laughter (I ALWAYS fail).  There is so much joy amongst us which makes for good times.  At the end of everyday we can't stop laughing about all the little things that happened over the course of the day.


Probably what I'm learning the most right now is completely dying to myself.  Last night I was exhausted and my attitude was just not good.  I was at the end of my rope.  But then I was reminded that this life isn't mine.  It's God's.  I'm created for Him.  God is reminding me daily to lay my life down.  When I don't feel like doing one more drama, or meeting with the team, or sharing my testimony I am reminded that it's not about me.  When I fall asleep at night and when I wake up in the morning I tell God that I am His and everything in me is His.  It's NOT easy.  In fact is so much harder than I ever thought it would be.  I'm tired....but when I am weak then He is strong. 


Ok, so I'm just going to leave you with a little list of crazy things that have happened over the past few days:

-being forced to sing 'Oh Happy Day" on street corners.

-eating an ice cream the size of texas.

-abrev's

-drinks that are filled with "pearls" (aka fish eyes/eggs)

-being on Taiwanese church TV.

-teaching the electric slide to asian youth.

-"everything" drama....

-Taipei 101...aka....tallest building in the world (Me and Emrie's videos are PRICELESS....I'll try and post them....)

-Train rides...

-Going to a church that is literally a cracked out version of Jesus meets The Wiggles. No joke.

-Just being in freaking TAIWAN, who does this???


Asia never ceases to amaze me....

1 comment:

  1. i hope you get to smell some "stinky tofu" you have to ;) excited about all God's doing in your life katy!!

    ReplyDelete