Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Expectant

Am I really living here?  Every minute I am in awe of how beautiful it is here.  I can't wait to get to see different areas on the weekends.  Picture the scenery in Lord of the Rings and that is where I get to live.  Who am I?  I have formed many new friendships that I am so excited about. There are some really awesome people.  I love how multicultural it is.  When am I ever going to get to live with people from SO many different cultures and backgrounds?  Just that in and of itself makes the experience worth it.  I can't even imagine how close we will all be when we meet back in Israel 6 months down the road.  Israel is everyone's goal.  It seems so far away but I know it will be here before I know it.

I have such an expectant heart on what is to come.  This is a NEW beginning.  I want to sing a NEW song and know Him in a brand NEW way (Psalm 96).  Today was the first day of lecture. We learned about intercessory prayer and I already have so much to process, its overwhelming. Prayer is something I knew coming into this I wanted to work on.  I want to learn to be a prayer warrior.  Although I haven't had much time to sit and process all of this, I will share a few things that really stuck out to me today.  We are not beggars who hope God will hear us BUT we are children of God who can approach Him BOLDLY and confidently.  It's so cool to be reminded that He WILL hear us and He WILL answer us.  Prayer is our way to release God's hand to move.  WHAT?!?  We have the authority to release His powerful hand to move?  He doesn't rely on us but He has chosen us to do this.

I NEED your prayers over the next 6 months.  Prayers are felt and I know that without support from people I love I will not be as effective as I could be.  Know that I am praying daily for you and I'm so thankful for each one of you.

1 comment:

  1. absolutely amazing. i love the part about His hand. it's a new way to look at prayer as a way to release God's hand to move. Wow. you're right it's so powerful. I am learning that this is how God loves us. He loves us enough to let our prayers move Him. i am praying for you. i appreciate your prayers for me. i am excited to see what He will move for you, through you, and in you. You Rock-stay solid.

    ReplyDelete