Wednesday, March 18, 2009

overflow

I am NOT here to become a "better" christian.  I don't care about that.  All I want is to be madly in love with Jesus.  All I want is Him.  That has been my prayer the past couple of days.  Jesus is not a 9 to 5 job.  We all probably know this (as did I) but when we really think about it do we live like that?  He is LIFE.  He is EVERY breath I take.  I have heard this SO many times but to really grasp it is different.  No more of this "good Christian" crap.  All I want to be is someone who is SO IN LOVE with the king that I can't contain it.  To let Him really love me.  That's all He wants.  I won't be able to hold that love in.  He will just overflow out of me.  

Ok, on a different note, this week our topic is "relationships."  The speakers are a married couple with 2 young girls.  Ray, the husband/father, is a Maori which is a native group from New Zealand.  Shaneane, the wife, is from Australia and has amazing insights into relationships.  Every morning before lecture begins Ray teaches us how to welcome a guest in the Mauri language.  It is AMAZING.  The culture is SO COOL.  We have covered the four elements of all relationships which are love, trust, honor, and understanding.  I have learned a lot but I will share one concept that has stuck with me this week (so far).  INTEGRITY...People of integrity have nothing to hide, their words and deeds match up.  It is who we really are.  Integrity is the quality of being whole.  Am I the same person when no one is looking?  Am I a woman of integrity?  I hope so.  I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment